The World of Ih
International House Language School is a full member of the Hungarian Association Language Schools and is licensed by the National Labour Office. Since 2001, it has been the only language school in Hungary to be a fully accredited member of the international association of EAUQALS.
The first IH school was founded in Spain in 1953 by John and Brita Haycraft. Returning to the UK with a thriving business, they opened their travel agency, a students’ club and even their own restaurant. It was soon realised that high quality assurance, and the continuous development of teaching methods requires its own practice-based teacher training programmes.
In order to manage the complex activities, the International House Educational Charity trust non-profit organisation was founded in 1976.Today Ih London, the International Teacher Training Institute and the world’s biggest Britain-based independent educational organisation belong to the organisation. This entity, at over 60 years old, is one of the world’s most significant language taching franchises.
In addition to Ih London , there are 147 other Ih schools in 38 countries with more than a hundred thousand students each year.